The Maxwell Football Club has hosted recruiting education seminars for student athletes (boys and girls) and their parents for the past eight years. In recent years, MFC has gone to a panel discussion format with college coaches, administrators, former athletes and some of its own staff who have strong backgrounds in recruiting.
This year's panel includes Andy Talley (Retired Villanova Head Football Coach), David Amaro (Former Professional Baseball Player and Head Coach of the Philly Bandits Club), Porscha Dobson (Associate Head Women’s Track Coach at Penn), Chas Dorman (Football SID and Director of Social Media at Penn), Josh MacArthur (Former Athletic Director at Babson College and Current AD at Germantown Academy) and John Schmid (Director of Player Personnel for the US Army All American Bowl Game).
Mark Wolpert, Executive Vice President and Director of the Maxwell Football Club and President of the National College Football Awards Association, will also serve on the panel. Following the panel discussion, we will open it up to questions from the floor and move to specific breakout sessions - if needed - specific to male and female sports.
The event is open to student-athletes from all schools, all sports, male and female, in grades 9-11. The event will be hosted at Germantown Academy. This event is free of charge, and each student will be provided with a copy of the 2019-20 NCAA Guide to the College Bound Student Athlete. There will be no recruiting services involved and no services will be sold. This is purely informational in nature.
Topics covered will include:
- Current recruiting rules and procedures for each sport
- The Clearinghouse and how it works
- Understanding the recruiting calendars and what you can do at what time
- The importance of academics in the process and how good grades offer opportunities
- Understanding the demands of college athletics and how they differ in each division
- The importance of finding the right fit academically, athletically and socially for your student athlete
- Social Media and how it can effect you both positively and negatively
- Above all understanding the importance of enjoying the high school athletics experience without being hyper focused on recruiting
The event will be held on Tuesday, Oct. 1, at 7 pm, in the Germantown Academy Honickman Auditorium, 340 Morris Road, Fort Washington, PA 19034. Last year, there were over 150 attendees at this event. We hope to see student athletes from your school this year!
To register, please click on the following link: https://campscui.active.com/orgs/GermantownAcademy?season=2696407